…and then I had to figure out how to use jQuery mobile collapsable menus and it all became too much. It have been putting off finishing off my mobile website because I knew the blog aspect, integrating with WordPress, was going to be more effort than the rest of the site. I have been putting it off for so long, almost 4 months have passed since I first put some of my mobile code live.
Today I decided to spend some time on it and most of the mobile site theme is done, with the exception of the ‘sidebar’ menu. The plugin I currently have (which has ads, that motivated me to build a mobile site in the first place) has a nice dynamic menu which expands and collapses without re-loading – something I would like to replicate. It’s a jQuery function being used but I’m not quite sure which one. So I did a bit of searching and found a function which looks promising. However, I have never used jQuery before…ever…after all my years of having a website. After several hours of tweaking pages and style sheets today, the thought of trying to work out how to do this was just beyond me. So, the end result is getting close, but still needs some more work. Whilst I cannot be bothered to build a proof of concept, I think I might have to relent later in the week!