So every month I try to post my ‘Five Favourite Finds’ for the month. They can be absolutely anything new that I have come across. The challenge: making sure I find five each month. I’m using it to try encourage myself to find new things and also share my finds with you all to save you the leg work! So without further ado and in no particular order…
- Bracteantha: I went on a plant-buying-binge to my local B&Q because I desperately needed to see some colour in the garden. Whilst browsing the racks of plants I was drawn to the flowers on this bracteantha. It’s not a plant I’ve seen before but the flower buds are stunning and they still look fascinating as they start to open. I can’t wait to see what they look like when they open fully!;
- Soil scoop: I’ve been a gardener for years and never realised these existed! When shovelling soil around I’ve always just used a plant pot which would inevitably end up splintering! Sam got me one for my birthday (this is the sort of thing I mean although mine looks different) and it is genuinely now one of my top garden implements!
- Brita Water Bottle: These things have been around for ages but I really wished we’d had one when we went to Lisbon because it would have meant H could have always had filtered water. So I dropped in into conversation ahead of my birthday and lo… Not only that though but it removes the worry of running out of water when we’re out because I can fill up at any mains tap and know that the water has been cleaned of any bacteria lurking on the taps / mouthpiece.
- Nakd Cocoa Delight bars: I go through phases of trying different ‘healthy’ cereal bars which will be good high energy snacks. A few weeks ago I tried the Rhubarb and Custard flavour which were disappointingly disgusting. The Banana Bread were okay but the Cocoa Delight was actually quite tasty (and the Cocoa Crunch protein bar too);
- The Year of Living Danishly: I love Scandinavia, especially their approach to balancing work / life and their general work ethic. In my May ‘Top 10 Online Reads‘, my first post was one written by a lady (Helen Russell) who moved to Denmark. I discovered shortly afterwards that she’d written a book and this is it. I haven’t read it yet but it’s at the top of my pile for when I finish my current one!
Want to look at all Five Favourite Find posts – well they are right here.