It has been a while since my last update and we are now well in to September (Thursday 19 September). Things have progressed but perhaps not as fast as we might have liked. After the survey came back, we found there were some damp issues with the property. So, we requested a follow-up survey which identified some work that needed doing. After some to-ing and fro-ing, we agreed a price reduction and it felt like we had reached the final stretch…or perhaps not.
We tried to put some timeframes round it to put some pressure on everyone in the chain to complete. Our vendors seemed to have a similar idea so we said we wanted to target exchange by the end of September. Only then our solicitors ‘server’ went down meaning they were without email (this has happened twice before already) or access to any of our files. Very, very frustrating. It has now been almost two days and the response to our sellers was due to go back at the start of the week.
It is getting quite tedious and it astonishes me how slow this process can be. Of the four groups of people I know going through this process, only one has got through the process in only a few weeks. My sister has just bought a house with absolutely no chain and it took about 6 weeks end-to-end. For our neighbours and our friends Lou and Graham, the process has taken even longer. It astounds me how a process that has to happen so often is still so incredibly slow!